Making a Bazz is currently requires a bit of technical skill. There is a plan to change that, but it will take some time.
Before you continue, you should
- Make sure you know how to install Linux
- Make sure you know how to install and use SuperCollider
- Be aware you are dealing with experimental software
Here are the steps to create a bazz:
- Make sure you have a decent quality sound card, such as the Echo Indigo IO. The card needs to be compatible with Linux. A pre-amplifier is not required.
- Make sure you have a RISA “Stick” electric soprano Ukulele, or another instrument that makes a sound with a relatively high pitch, and tune it like a bass (E, A, D, G), and plug it directly into the sound card with a suitable cable.
- Make sure you have a realtime-enabled linux on your computer. UbuntuStudio is one option.
- Install the SuperCollider audio synthesis language.
- Load the bazz patch _bazz.sc, and one of the bazz instruments.
- Modify the bazz instrument to your liking.